Highlights and Mission
Caring is our Calling
Through the belief in the power of a faith community, EHM provides innovative services and solutions to individuals, no matter where on life’s journey they may be.
Our core purpose is to be a faith-based organization, called to provide quality care with compassion to our residents and clients we serve.
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation was incorporated in 2016 as a 501(c)(3) to support the work of EHM Senior Solutions in providing health care and an array of housing and home-based services to older adults in our community. With its purpose to encourage charitable support for the people, programs, and projects, the Foundation provides stewardship of donor resources while honoring clients, team members, and volunteers.
My mother had two amazing young women working with her while she was at Evangelical Home – Saline. They have gone on to become RNs, and I still keep in touch with them. We were so blessed.Sandy H.
Your generosity supports our mission in four key areas:
With your help, together we will support older adults in need by providing for health-related expenses and basic needs.
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation provides funding for charitable care by:
- Providing financial assistance for medical expenses that are not covered by insurance.
- Partnering with community nonprofits to better serve the older population.
Dementia Care and Awareness
With your help, together we will support the need for Dementia Care and programming along with education and training for caregivers, families, local business, and community. *This is a new focus area for the Foundation.
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation provides funding for dementia care and awareness by:
- Supporting the Best Friends™ Approach to Dementia Care training and education for employees.
- Offering Alzheimer’s and Dementia Awareness trainings to the greater community.
- Providing life enrichment programs through our Dottie Crim Adult Day and Education Center.
- Partnering with the Dementia Friendly Saline initiative to create a caring community for families and improving business practices through education and awareness training for local businesses.
- Support efforts to increase funding and awareness of dementia research.
Empowered Aging Within Our Community
With your help, together we will support projects within the EHM Senior Solutions campus communities, which expand and improve experiences for our residents, and continue to support Saline area community programs, promoting empowered aging and assistance for older adults in the Saline area community.
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation provides funding for an empowered aging community by:
- Providing funding for capital improvements and programming which serve the residents across all our campuses.
- Providing services and programs that enhance the quality of life for older adults and their caregivers.
- Assisting with handyman services within the Saline area, enabling older adults to remain in their own homes.
- Partnering with the Saline Area Senior Center to provide Meals on Wheels to homebound older adults who are unable to obtain their own food or prepare meals.
With your help, together we will support ongoing training, furthering education opportunities and provide emergency support for our employees.
The Evangelical Homes of Michigan Foundation provides funding for employee support by:
- Scholarship opportunities for staff members pursuing a degree in fields related to geriatric care.
- Assisting with ongoing training opportunities ensuring our employees can provide the best care.
- Employee Emergency Fund – Providing financial assistance to help those staff members experiencing personal hardships.